- Our 35 stalls are open and spacious, with swing out feeders and sliding doors; they provide a comfortable residence for your horse. Made of tongue and grove boards they are strong and sturdy. Stalls are equipped with light outlets for clipping and overhead outlet for livestock timer lights. Our stalls can be enlarged for breeding season and are able to accommodate our larger four legged friends. We offer 12 x 12 and 12 x 18 stalls. The extra wide paved aisle way keeps the walkways free and clear for all the traffic within the stable.
- On our 26-acre facility we have several turnout options. Six spacious fields for group turn out, which provides the horses with time for proper socialization, and three smaller paddock for private turnout. All pastures are maintained in both the spring and fall in order to maintain a lush grazing environment. This includes soil testing, reseeding, airation, and organic fertilization. All pastures consist of Gold Standard Diamond Mesh, vinyl coated, and four board horse fencing. Pastures also include Stainless Steel Automatic Nelson Waterers.
- The lounge consists of an eighteen hundred square foot observation, dining, kitchen, office area and restroom with shower. Our lounge is well insulated, heated, and air conditioned, to provide the best comfort for students and parents alike. With finished hardwood floors and warm and inviting furniture, Wi-Fi, and two sets of tables and chairs there is plenty of room to get homework done before your lesson, or catch up on office emails during your child’s lesson. All of these aspects help give the home-like atmosphere that makes Saddle Lake such a great place to learn how to ride.
- WHOA Dust (TM) INDOOR ARENA
- The beautiful indoor arena is sixteen feet high, eighty-two feet wide by one hundred twenty feet long and is surrounded with sky lights. 24 artificial lights are also installed for well lit evening riding. The sand-mix footing on a clay base with WHOA Dust (TM).WHOA Dust (TM) is a proprietary co-polymer blend which changes the neutrally-charged dust particles floating in the air to negative charge, and pulls down the dust so it is no longer suspended and retains moisture
- OTTO SPORT BASE MAT OUTDOOR ARENA WITH PREMIER PROTEX FOOTING
- The outdoor arena is an OTTO Sport Base Mat arena with Premier ProTex footing. The arena consists of multiple layers. The arena was leveled with a small slope to aid in draining. An arena perimeter was added, with base boards, to help maintain its shape once the remaining levels were added. French drains were also added to the base. To avoid huge accumulations of water, the base layer has to be water-permeable. This is especially important during the cold and damp season. To create this layer an arena lining was added and topped with local stones that were installed with utmost precision with laser-controlled machines. The third layer of the arena separates the drainage and Sub-Base layers from the footing. This was achieved by adding the OTTO Sport Base Mat and a top layer of crushed rock. The OTTO Sport Base Mat helps stabilize the footing and provides a shock absorbing layer as well as aiding in draining, making the arena usable even after an accumulation of rain. Once the mats were down a precise layer of finely crushed rocks was added by utilizing rock crushing machines that sprayed the material over the entire base of the arena! For the arena footing we chose Premier ProTex footing. The Premier Pro-Tex Footing contains geotextiles and synthetic fibers as amendments in order to ensure the appropriate surface consistency. Moreover, the geotextiles help maintaining correct moisture levels of the footing – they save up to 10 liters of water per square meter. One of the major advantages of The Premier Pro-Tex is its great durability!
Saddle Lake offers a full competitive trail course as well.
2369 Nelson Rd., Camp Springs, KY 41059
DIRECTIONS to Saddle Lake:
I do not recommend following MapQuest and only follow GPS if Camp Springs Ky is an option. Do not follow GPS with the Melbourne city option. -MissyJo
Take I-71 S to I-471 S to Kentucky. Take exit 1B to merger onto I-275 W toward Airport. Take exit 77 for KY-9/AA Hwy toward Wilder. Turn right on AA. Go aprox 8 miles. Take the KY-547/Riley Rd exit. Turn right at stop sign (KY-547/Riley Rd). Turn right with in 1000 feet back onto AA Ramp also Ky 9. Drive half way thru ramp and exit left on to Nelson Rd. Drive .5 miles and Turn right on gravel drive just following horse fence. Drive past home to stables. 2369 Nelson Road Camp Springs, Kentucky 41059.
From Lexington or Louisville
Take 71/75 North to 275 East. Take exit for Ky9/AA Hwy in Wilder. Go aprox 8 miles. Exit right on the KY-547/Riley Rd exit. Turn right at stop sign (KY-547/Riley Rd). Turn right with in 1000 feet back onto AA Ramp also Ky 9. Drive half way thru ramp and exit left on to Nelson Rd. Drive .5 miles and Turn right on gravel drive just following horse fence. Drive past home to stables. 2369 Nelson Road Camp Springs, Kentucky 41059.